Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Little Spot Under the Sun

"The only limits to the possibilities in your life tomorrow are the 'buts' you use today," Les Brown once said.

So, how can I break free from my 'buts' when chances and opportunities which I desire seem so thin? Are they only in my thoughts?

Yes. I believe that they are only in my thoughts and they create beliefs. I have realized that these beliefs bear either faith or fear. When we have faith, we are ready to let go of those 'buts.' We embrace change and we desire for better things. But, it is inevitabl to have fears and at times we tend to doubt if we are climbing the right mountain.

Life is about climbing mountains. We set goals, we hurdle and we stumble. There are good times and there are tough, and sometimes, we are convinced to be tough to ourselves too, but no matter what, we must find the courage to embrace happiness.

Nowadays, I could not resist on thinking if I have a 'little spot under the sun.' Staying at home makes me wonder if opportunity is out there waiting for me. This thought does not absolutely make me feel great. This feeling rips off the wonderful oxygen that is filling my lungs. Is there a shortage of blessings from God? Is life really difficult? Does God really provide for us? There are just so much going on in my mind.

Perhaps, I am too much focused on negative expectations. I know that this hinders my trust in God. I feel that I am losing my patience. That is why sometimes I find praying as tiresome and monotonous. Everyday is just the same routinary job of house chores and waiting for the sun to come down, sleeping and then waking up again for the next typical day. It is like a 'do re mi' in music. But, I know I have to be strong with this battle in my mind. Someday, God will provide the best blessing in my life. I am constantly reminded of this beautiful phrase 'a time to reap and a time to sow.' So, just as the battle begins in our minds, so will be our victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment